How King Galandir died and who King Malevolus was

Tuesday 17 March 2009

Rumours about the short reign of Malevolous.
I am lucky to have a sister like mine, I must say. She is often being very helpful with my researches. For example the other day...

Jane:
Hey.
Matthias?
Matthias:
Yes?
Jane:
I've seen you on a picture of an older guild.
I wanted to ask you some stuff. :)
Matthias:
Sure, ask me anything.
 
The two went behind the bank to the docks of the fisher village.
 
Matthias:
Yes?
Jane:
Were you around back when Galandir got killed?
Matthias:
Yes.
I remember that fateful day.
Jane:
Could you tell me about it?
Matthias:
After all the festivities.
I remember... I believe it was after the Blue moon festival in Andris.
Jane:
Ah.
Matthias:
The king called everyone into his castle for a word.
And if I remember correctly, someone suspected a soul attacking the King and running away.
All hell broke loose.
There was talk about him being put in jail, and exiled.
My memory fails me on his name.
Jane:
*nods* I can find that.
What happened to Galandir afterwards and how did he come back?
Matthias:
I don't think he ever died.
Jane:
Oh..
 
Matthias:
He was injured by the bolt.
But not killed.
Jane:
I remember someone writing this:
"The former King of Mirith was slain by the mage Coroth. History will remember his name."
That is what I've found.
 
Matthias:
Coroth... sounds familiar.
Maybe he was killed... what is this of him coming back?
I mean, it was so many years ago..
Jane:
Oh.
Matthias:
An old wizard becomes forgetful.
But I remember being in the room.
Jane:
I just wondered how Galandir became King and who was King before him.
Matthias:
I always remember him being king.
Jane:
And I found this about him being killed.
So I was asking myself how he got back or if he did.
 
Matthias:
I suppose he didn't.
I'm not around Andris much.
Jane:
"Coroth the Assassin was a former mage guard of the court of King Galandir"
"In events shrouded in mystery and related somehow to the cleric Gidéon"
Matthias:
Yes, that sounds accurate.
Jane:
"he was corrupted and slew his former master in the early stages of the Neth Strife."
Matthias:
Ah, yes.
 
Jane:
So Galandir never really died.
*hiccup*
Matthias:
I'm not sure.. its one of Oberin's mysteries.
I suppose he did, though.
Jane:
I might ask Stefan.
If he did...
Then who is King of Mirith?
Matthias:
If it says he did, I'm sure he did.
Jane:
*nods*
Matthias:
What class are you, miss...
 
And the two strangers went for a hunt.
 
Jane:
Another question.
Matthias:
Yes?
Jane:
Does the name Malevolus tell you something?
Matthias:
Rings a bell.
Jane:
Malevolus the King of Mirith?
Matthias:
He does not reign any more.

So he once did reign. Shogun and Yuxu had been telling me about him before. Luckily I found some more informations about him and many others...

0 comments: